Eastern Star Masonic takes pride in meeting the social, physical and spiritual needs of residents of its campus through high quality housing and services
In September of 1925 the Grand Chapter of Colorado, Order of Eastern Star voted to establish and maintain a Home for the aged and indigent member of the Chapters. The land was donated by Robert Russell and in 1931, at a cost of $55,000, the Home opened. It consisted of 17 single rooms, 5 double rooms, a large living room, dining room and kitchen plus the Matron's living quarters.
In 1952 there were so many requests for additional rooms, the board decided to add the south wing in 1955 for $75,000. Demand was still high for additional rooms so in June of 1959 the north wing was dedicated at a cost of $68,000. During the coming years smaller projects were accomplished as replacing rugs, drapes, furniture and landscaping the grounds. In addition, other upgrades were made to comply with fire codes and an elevator was installed.
Again, the wait list to get into the Home was getting very long, so in June of 1977, another addition was dedicated giving the Home another ten large private rooms, a spacious hall, large lounge and a chapel.
Improvements to the Home were an ongoing project bringing the building up to current fire code standards and adding a medication, an exam room, and renovations to the upper level.
As growth continued, the board decided to add 58 independent patio homes between 1989 and 1991. Initially these were sold to residents, however, now the homes are strictly leased. These beautiful homes have been immaculately maintained and are perfect for seniors who no longer want to deal with home maintenance.
As a mission driven non-profit organization the Eastern Star Masonic Retirement Community strives to keep our pricing affordable. As a result, we stay full in both assisted living and in the independent patio homes. The community has future plans to expand and will implement those when sufficient funds become available.